Biosolar - Microalgae project solutions as a one-hand service
We offer complete services – technology agnostic and as turnkey solutions.
As an independent engineering service provider, we offer our customers the entire range from engineering and consulting services to system delivery, as well as support during all phases of the implementation of microalgae projects – from plant design to commissioning of the cultivation systems.
- Project development of stand-alone and integrated microalgae cultivation systems
- Process development and concept design
- Comprehensive consulting services
- Engineering services through all planning stages
- Cross-technology planning and process development of commercial production plants
- GICON®-PBR as small-scale units (ready-for-connection system solution) and commercial plant size
GICON® engineers have planned a broad variety of photobioreactor plants ranging from R&D to commercial-scale systems for 25 years. Europe’s largest photobioeactor system (700 m3) made of glass tubes in Klötze/Germany was designed by GICON® engineers.
One of the technological developments is the GICON® photobioreactor technology (GICON®-PBR) allowing for real outdoor production of microalgae (no greenhouse necessary). We offer engineering services and plant delivery, as well as support for all phases of the implementation of microalgae projects - from concept development to commissioning of the plants.
- Process development of algae cultivation concepts
- Technology development and efficiency enhancement
- Tailor-made process concepts
- Repowering of existing microalgae cultivation systems
- Integration of microalgal cultivation systems, e. g.
- Operational management of microalgal systems
- ... for food and feed purposes
- ... in aquaculture
- … for soil improvement
- … to produce high-value compounds
- ... and many more
- Technology agnostic project development of microalgae cultivation systems as stand-alone or incorporated units
- All planning stages for complete or partial systems for commercial scale production as newly built systems, conversion, and expansion
- Process engineering for pilot plants for R&D tasks with instrumentation and control equipment according to customer requirements
- Stand-alone small-scale systems for agriculture and aquaculture with integration to existing infrastructure and bio processes
- Coupled plants for algae technology and biogas production using the biorefinery principle
- Tailor-made concepts according to customer requirements
The GICON® photobioreactor technology
The GICON® photobioreactor (PBR) is designed as a flexible base module for the stable cultivation of microalgae with defined and high product quality and modular integration in a variety of bio-based processes.
- Small-scale systems in modular arrangement up to 25,000 litres
- Tailor-made commercial production systems as turnkey solutions
Some outstanding features of the GICON® PBR:
- Integrated closed-loop temperature control using innovative double chamber tubing system for ideal cultivation parameters (resource-conserving water use, any kind of heating and cooling source)
- Easy to integrate in coupling processes at upstream and downstream level
- Available as ready-to-operate system solutions based on the GICON®-PBR
- Tailor-made process control including fully automated temperature control
- Simple operation through touch-screen interface and on request with remote-access
- Optimal light availability adapted to the location and the day
- energy-saving operation through pulse technology
- Food-compatible (FDA-approved), chemically stable material with reduced formation or organic deposits and UV stability
- GICON®-Photobioreactor - Innovative Technology for the Cultivation of Microalgae (PDF)
- GICON®-Photobioreactor - Portfolio (PDF)
- Microalgae Technology - Consulting and Engineering (PDF)
- Microalgae in Aquaculture (PDF)
- GICON® References in Microalgae Photobioreactor Technology - Market Innovations since 25 Years